For Brother and Sister Henry and Audrey, link here.

Saturday, November 3, 2007

In a clearing stands a boxer?


An update from yesterday: Pink Eye. The poor little girl started gobbing up yesterday morning and her mother wisely had me take her to the doctor in the afternoon. Got antibiotics started quickly and she was able to open her eyes this morning. She is actually in a great mood, but looks like Rocky Balboa in the first movie, when he wants Burgess Meredith to "cut his eyes" so the blood will release and he can see to keep fighting. This one just wants to see the bananas in front of her and books to be read. The hardest part of this is holding her down to clean the eyes and put in the clindomycin. The wails of a very independent little girl who hates having things in her life dictated to her, especially physically. It has been a bad last three weeks for illness: parainfluenza on her birthday, lingering at a low level for quite a while, now Strep.pneumo or Haemophilus influenza. She has been a good host. And during some of the nicest Autumn days yet. I am even more frustrated having sore throat myself. But it does cause me to appreciate vaccination: if I struggle with these small ailments, what would have been my reaction to her acquiring pertussis or malaria or measles? She and I live in fortunate times.
Adrian! I mean, Mommy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: